InterSector: Helping entrepreneurs design solutions for profit, people and planet
Idea Foundry’s InterSector Accelerator supports socially- and environmentally-focused businesses that need a longer runway to profitability due to their double- and triple-bottom-line commitment. InterSector helps early-stage social enterprise companies to find the best opportunities for impact and revenue generation, and positions them for potential entry into the Transformation Fellowship Program. InterSector supports businesses committed to delivering profit and social and/or environmental benefits to their stakeholders: customers, investors, employees, and the communities in which they operate.
Areas of Innovation Focus
Why Apply to InterSector?
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not formed a business, I just have a great idea that I think will change the world! Am I too early to apply?
- Uncovering challenges to building a profitable business that creates sustained environmental and social impacts, and devising strategies to overcome those challenges
- Discovering market threats as well as opportunities to your idea within the region
- Understanding the competitive landscape and exploring potential partnerships
- Recognizing and communicating your unique value proposition
- Developing a sales pitch to acquire a pilot/first customer and attract investors
How much time do I need to commit to the InterSector Accelerator, and what does participation entail?
Learn More about InterSector
Follow us on Twitter at @InterSectorPGH to learn more!